I love vegetables and I love salads, what I don’t love is getting a salad that is 75% very large lettuce leaves. This spinach and feta salad recipe is my go-to salad for every day. It goes well with whatever protein you prefer so you can add beans, fish, chicken, ham etc….
1/2 bag of baby Spinach
Punnet of Cherry Tomatoes
Jar of pitted Black Olives
1/2 a Cucumber
100g Feta Cheese
1 tbsp Olive Oil
Pinch of salt
- Finely chop/shred all of the ingredients
- Place the chopped tomatoes on a plate, add a pinch of salt and mix, leave for a few minutes
- Add the spinach, olives and cucumber to your salad bowl
- Drain the tomatoes of any liquid.
- Add the tomatoes to the salad
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil and mix the salad
- Now add the chopped feta and mix thoroughly, (I use a bowl with a lid so I can shake it to mix the salad and make sure it is all coated in the olive oil and the feta.
Serve on its own as a light meal or as part of a main meal. I usually add some tuna or a grilled chicken breast.
Spinach and feta go really well with potatoes, so why not try it with my Crispy Potatoe Cakes.