Did you know that you can get free stock photos from some of the main stock image websites?
Now more than ever, imagery is so important as a blogger and website owner.
And not just for your website for advertising and social media as well.
Taking your own quality images is fantastic and stock image websites are a valuable tool for any business owner and being able to get a few free stock photos and illustrations is a great little bonus.
With most of the stock sites, once you purchase an image, you can reuse it as many times as you wish so you need to create a folder to stockpile your stock images. Also, most of the stock site gives you free weekly imagery and even if it doesn’t suit what you need right now, always download and keep these with your stock images.
Did you know that for some of the stock image sites you can set up a free account and you can get the weekly free images that they supply?
Here are my top picks of sites that I use myself for stock illustrations and images.
My top tips for using stock images and stock websites
- Never use an image that you do not have permission to.
- Always ensure you know the licence/usage details attached to each image.
- Stock sites give you access to millions of quality images and illustrations. (And videos).
- You can reuse the images – so keep them on file.
- Most stock sites provide weekly free images and illustrations, so add them to your stock portfolio because you never know when they will come in handy.